“We are not alone on this journey. This is a community that embodies fierce love, and is connected in compassion, action, hope & healing.”
If you are a part of the Midtown Church community in any way (a regular at worship or a friend of our community) please consider giving regularly. Your generosity makes possible the work of our church. But beyond that, we trust that God is at work in us through the practice of giving so that we can become the good and generous neighbors we want to be.
Giving away our stuff is hard. We confess that most of what we own we want to keep to ourselves. However, as the people of God --
- We acknowledge that all of our stuff (money, talent, resources, etc.), whether we have a lot or a little, isn’t really our stuff in the first place.100% belongs to God. This means that our stuff is actually God’s stuff and God, in generosity has given to us what belongs to God.
- And we believe that being generous with our stuff is a way to act outside the system that runs the world: the fear of not enough. Generosity frees us and allows us to act out the truth, to give because we have first received all things from God. In other words, to give of our resources is an act of worship.
Ways to Give
- Weekend services: We receive an offering at the conclusion of each worship service. Be sure to include your name and address on the check or envelope, so that donation credit may be provided for tax purposes.
- Online giving: You can set up online giving either as a one-time donation or a recurring gift. Thanks to Bethany First Church of the Nazarene’s business office for processing all giving for us! Simply indicate “Midtown Church Plant Project.” Give by CLICKING HERE.
- By mail: Mail your donation to the business office at Bethany First Church of the Nazarene, 6789 NW 39th Expressway, Bethany, OK 73008. Please write “Midtown Church Plant” in the memo, and include your name and address on the check or envelope so that donation credit may be provided for tax purposes.
The Bible talks about Tithing. What is it?
Tithing Is More Than Giving
The word "tithe" literally means tenth or 10%. Tithing, or giving ten percent of your income, isn't merely giving something to God. The people of God throughout the ages have given 10% of their earnings to their local place of worship as a practice. This practice of tithing supports the ministry of the local congregation as well as the ministry around the world. As a Church of the Nazarene, we emphasize ministry to the disenfranchised, the marginalized, and those without hope. This allows us to support efforts locally and globally.
Beyond the Tithe (Offering)
Offering is anything you give beyond 10%. In Malachi 3:10, God says "Go ahead. I dare you. See if you can out-give me." By “offering” more, we have an opportunity to be extravagantly generous.
We encourage you to support good organizations, non-profits, and ministries outside of our church, as well as the “on-top-of-what-we-regularly-do” stuff within our local and global. The gifts of God’s people do amazing things. For information on what the Church of the Nazarene does with these gifts, visit www.NCM.org.